i-Violin is a project that will last for two years (September 2022 – August 2024).
The project is co-financed by the European Union within the EU4Health program 2021-2027, EU4H-2021-PJ-03 Action grants for a project on the quality and safety of radiation technology in diagnosis and treatment of cancer. Ten institutions from nine European countries participate in the implementation of the project, and among them is the Dubrava University Hospital with its experts employed at the Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology.
The project was designed with the aim of optimizing and harmonizing the imaging methods of oncological patients, which will improve the quality of treatment of oncological patients at the European level. The existence of differences in imaging methods for oncological patients is indicated by the results of projects and research previously carried out within the framework of the EuroSafe Imaging initiative (an initiative of the European Society of Radiologists), which will be the basis of the activities to be carried out within the i-Violin project.
- to introduce standardized ways of optimizing the imaging of oncological patients with a CT device into clinical practice through the adaptation and further development of a tool for assessing the quality of radiological imaging (the first version of this tool was created within the MEDIRAD project), as well as the validation of commercially available software solutions used for assessment of patient doses
- to implement the mentioned tools and proposed optimized imaging procedures into clinical practice at the (university) hospitals participating in the project as part of the consortium
- to implement the mentioned tools and proposed optimized imaging procedures into clinical practice in other interested European hospitals, which will further contribute to a uniform and standardized way of imaging of oncological patients
- to ensure the necessary education and training program for radiologists, radiographers and medical physicists related to the use of the above-mentioned tools
- to introduce the results of the project to policy makers, professional societies in the field of medicine and other relevant participants in order to support the acceptance and implementation of these results.
More information about the i-Violin project and the achieved results of the project is available here.
The i-Violin project is co-funded under the EU4Health Programme
2021-2027 under grant agreement no. 101056832.